Chloe McCarron (72)
Rebecca Bassett (82p)


Kendra McMullan (33p)
Orla Devaney (53)
Alana McShane (59)
Alana McShane (82)
Zoe McGlynn (83)



Sion Swifts bounced back to winning ways with an emphatic 5-2 victory over an out of form Mid Ulster side.

In a quiet first half hour both teams enjoyed possession and pressure without creating anything clear cut.

Sion made the breakthrough on 33 minutes winning a penalty after a handball stopped a goalscoring opportunity.

Rachael Rodgers was sent to the line for Mid Ulster and Kendra McMullan made no mistake tucking the penalty away.

Mid Ulster held out well until the break actually creating a couple of chances but the teams went into the break with Sion holding a slim advantage.

The Swifts came out in the second half on a mission and Mid Ulster had a nightmare start conceding two goals within the first ten minutes.  Orla Devenney and Alana McShane both getting on the score sheet for Sion and giving Mid Ulster a mountain to climb.

The home team started to create more opportunities and Chloe McCarron struck a fine free kick from 30 yards to pull one back with 18minutes to play.

It was a case of too little too late and Sion extended their lead again with eight minutes left as Alana McShane met a corner with a bullet header to make it 4-1.

A minute later Zoe McGlynn wrapped it up for the visitors as she nipped in to slip the ball past Jacqueline Burns to make it 5-1.

A consolation goal came for Mid Ulster in the 88 minute when Rebecca Bassett was fouled inside the area. She picked herself up to take the resultant penalty and leave the final score Mid Ulster 2 Sion Swifts 5.

Mid-Ulster Ladies: Burns, Rooney, Donnell, Richardson, Orr, McCarron, O'Donnell, Rees, Bassett, Rodgers, Connolly subs Turkington (replaced O'Donnell 75), Murphy (replaced Rees 64), McFarland (not used), O'Neill (not used), Magee (not used)

Sion Swifts Ladies: Barr, Conwell, Burns, McCarter, Crompton, McShane, O'Hagan, McMullan, Devaney, Harpur, McGlynn subs Falconer (replaced McGlynn 60), Moore (replaced Harpur 70), McCurdy (replaced Devaney 85)

Referee: Gareth Stewart