Aoife Lennon (21)
Aoife Lennon (32)
Aimee Mackin (45)
Alison McMaster (50)
Grace Murray (75)
Grace Murray (90)


Niamh Connolly (84p)



Newry recorded their second win of the season and move to fifth in the league after a 6-1 victory at the Showgrounds while Derry remain winless at the foot of the table.

Newry made a comfortable start to the game and dominated the possession and territory thanks to midfield trio of Grace Murray, Emma McMaster and Aoife Lennon.

Lennon grabbed the opening goal on 21 minutes glancing a header past Lyndsey Reilly in goal after a very good Grace Murray cross.

The second goal came 13 minutes before the break after great dribbling down the left wing from Blaithin Mackin who pulled the ball back to the edge of the box and a powerful shot from Aoife Lennon found the net.

A Grace Murray corner allowed Aimee Mackin to head the third goal, while Derry almost opened their scoring after a mistake from Caoimhe Callaghan with Aoife Curran sending the ball over the bar.

Ali McMaster netted just after the interval, capitalising on a poor goal kick to bury a shot in the bottom right corner, but Derry began to test the Newry defence.

A ball from Lizzie Keys created a one on one chance but Caoimhe Callaghan was a match for Niamh Connolly’s shot.

Goal number five arrived from Grace Murray after springing the offside trap and rolling past the Derry keeper, while Connolly converted a Derry penalty to pull one back.

Grace Murray rounded off a very good individual and team performance with her second goal after Kate Flood's goal kick deceived the Derry defence for her to slot past the keeper.

Newry City Ladies: Callaghan, McCann, Flood, McAllister, Redpath, Murray, B. Mackin, E. McMaster, Lennon, A. McMaster, A. Mackin subs Jones (replaced B. Mackin 46), Domican (replaced A. McMaster 65), Doyle (not used), Hoiread (replaced A. Mackin 50)

Derry City Ladies: Reilly, Callaghan, Dunne, McCauley, Keys, Curran, Lavery, Logue, Cunningham, Walsh, Connolly subs McCloskey (replaced Devine 89), Devine (replaced Callaghan 83), Lapsley (replaced Cunningham 40)

Referee: Joe McAuley