Rayza de Souza (OG) (70)


Elenize Belem (17)
Rayza de Souza (38)
Trudi Harbinson (73)
Rayza de Souza (78)



The game was fairly even in the early stages with neither team able to dominate. Glentoran came close in the ninth minute with a Samantha Kelly drive just past the right post.

Newry took the lead in the 17th minute through Elenize Belem when she picked up a Trudi Harbinson pass to score. The visitors almost added another goal in the 32nd minute as Mackin thought she'd scored only for Kelly to clear her shot off the goal line.

In the 38th minute Newry scored their second goal when Rayza de Souza a Belem pass in her stride and cut through the Glentoran defence to slot the ball past Ashleigh McKinnon.

Glentoran started the second half on the offensive and forced a corner straight from the kick off.

A Gail Redmond header from the corner was palmed away by Newry 'keeper Dhebora Barbosa, it fell to Makyla Mulholland whose shot hit the crossbar, Eimhear Oprey latched onto the rebound and her shot was cleared.

Glentoran continued to press looking for a goal and were unlucky with two effort's from Nadene Caldwell and Cleo Reece Taggart that hit the crossbar.

Their luck changed in the 70th minute when Taggart's corner was flicked on by Redmond and Rachel Rogan scrambled the ball goalbound before it ended up in the in off Newry's de Souza.

On 73 minutes Newry scored their third goal. Harbinson on the right tried a lob shot that beat McKinnon in the Glentoran goal giving Newry a two-goal cushion again.

Five minutes later it was 4-1 as de Souza beat two players in the 18-yard area and rifled the ball into the Glentoran goal.

Glentoran tried hard to get back into the game but Newry we happy to see the game out and deservedly claimed three points.

Glentoran Belfast United: McKinnon, Eddis, Kelly, Foy, Oprey, Redmond, Taggart, Mulholland, Rogan, Caldwell, McKenna subs McMaster (replaced Redmond 65), Andrews (replaced Taggart 78), McKearney (not used), McCabe (replaced McKenna 90)

Newry City Ladies: Barbosa, B. Mackin, de Sousa, Harbinson, da Silva, Curtis, Belem, A. Mackin, de Souza, Flood, Dias subs Gomes (replaced Harbinson 80), Cinnamond (replaced Curtis 65), Domican (replaced Belem 87), Taylor (not used)

Referee: Ryan Hanna