Bryan McClelland (13)
Robbie Hume (38)
Joe McCready (65)


Ciaran Conway (71)
Tommy Conlon (74)


Robbie Hume scored for Limavady (Picture: Stephen Hamilton/


The only two unbeaten sides in the Premier Intermediate League went head-to-head in a game that could go a long way to determining the outcome of the title.

United raced into the lead after 13 minutes when Bryan McClelland stabbed the ball home from six yards after being quickest to react to a loose ball in the Celtic box.

Robbie Hume made it 2-0 seven minutes from the break when he ghosted in at the back post to touch home a Joe McCready cross from the left.

Celtic came within a whisker of pulling a goal back on the stroke of half-time when Thomas Conlon was granted a free header at the back post only to miss the target.

United extended their lead on 65 minutes when McCready left his marker in his wake before cutting inside and delivering the ball low into the bottom corner.

DC reduced the arrears six minutes later through Ciaran Conway when he made the most of lapse in the home defence.

Then, three minutes after that, it was game on when Conlon connected with a cross from the right to beat Paul Wells with a thumping header.

However, the Roesiders weathered the storm and, indeed, might have added to their advantage only for Hume miss a chance to score when lurking at the back post to meet McCready's looping cross. 

And McClelland could have doubled his tally after that only to be denied by Celtic 'keeper Sean McIlhone before further chances followed through McCready and John Watt.

Limavady United: Wells, McClelland, Carlin, Crown, Watt, Morrison, McCloskey, McFadden, L. Harkin, McCready, Hume subs Kelly (not used), McKeever (not used), C. Harkin (not used), Murray (replaced Morrison 71), Owens (replaced L. Harkin 80)

Donegal Celtic: McIlhone, Conway, Curtis, Kopyt, Southam, Rossborough, Conlon, Derry, Brown, Munce, Feher subs Philpott (replaced Brown 78), McVarnock (replaced Curtis 65), Steenson (not used)

Referee: Tony Clarke