Philip Wallace (89)


Matthew Buchanan (OG) (90 1)


Matt Buchanan turned the ball into his own net in stoppage time (Picture: Freddie Parkinson/


Dergview were forced to play the majority of the game with ten men after Ivan Sproule's eighth minutes dismissal for a challenge on Ryan Morrow.

Mark Scoltock might have opened the scoring for 'Stute soon after with a close range header but was denied by a superb Kealan Mulcahy save.

Insitute were reduced to ten men themselves five minutes from the break after skipper Stephen O'Donnell collected a second booking when he brought down Blaine Burns.

Dergview almost snatched the lead on the stroke of half-time when Jude Ballard saw his effort from distance touched onto an upright by 'keeper Martin Gallagher and although Ryan Campbell did find the net with the follow-up he was adjudged to have strayed offside.

Gareth Brown had two opportunities to hand 'Stute the advantage after the break.

First, just before the hour, he headed wide with the goal at his mercy before, on 80 minutes, he failed to beat Mulcahy from the spot after Stephen Curry had been upended by Garth Falconer.

The deadlock was finally broken in the 89th minute when Dergview substitute Philip Wallace fired home from close range.

But 'Stute fought back almost straightaway to level in stoppage time when the unfortunate Matthew Buchanan turned the ball into his own net after Curry delivered a dangerous cross from the left. 

Dergview: Mulcahy, G. Porter, Robinson, M. Buchanan, Falconer, McManus, Arkinson, Burns, Ballard, Campbell, I. Sproule subs Lecky (replaced McManus 67), Curran (replaced Arkinson 81), Lynch (not used), S. Porter (not used), Wallace (replaced Campbell 67)

Institute: Gallagher, Morrow, Roddy, McDermott, Scoltock, O'Donnell, A. Harkin, C. Harkin, Brown, McCrudden, Pomeroy subs McFadden (replaced McCrudden 69), R. Doherty (not used), S. Curry (replaced Roddy 69), McIntyre (replaced Pomeroy 54), Muldoon (not used)

Referee: Declan Hassan

Tags:  Dergview  Institute