Sean Noble (13)
Ryan Curran (40p)


Curtis Allen (20)
James Knowles (90 3)


James Knowles grabbed Glentoran's stoppage time equaliser (©INPHO/Stephen Hamilton)


James Knowles struck deep into stoppage time to earn Glentoran a point from this trip to Ferney Park and break the hearts of the home supporters after their side had led for most of the game.

Glentoran started brightly with Curtis Allen and then Johnny Addis having chances inside the opening ten minutes.

However, the Mallards broke the deadlock on 13 minutes when Sean Noble slotted the ball below Elliott Morris from Shane McGinty's pass.

But the Glens levelled on 19 minutes when he connected with a Knowles free-kick to stab the ball home at the back post.

Ballinamallard regained the advantage five minutes before the break after William Garrett had fouled McGinty with Ryan Curran stepping up to convert.

The second half was a tight affair during the early stages with Packie Mailey perhaps coming closest on the hour with a header.

It was almost 3-1 on 69 minutes when Noble fired across the box for the unmarked Stephen O'Flynn but somehow he couldn't beat Morris from just a yard out.

Allen might have equalised for the visitors for a second time soon after only for the advancing Mallards 'keeper Richard Brush to do well to turn the ball around the post.

He came close again in stoppage time when he fired over at the back post before, moments after that, Addis saw a shot hit a team-mate following a goalmouth scramble.

But Glentoran did find the net after that when Knowles' low effort beat Brush into the bottom corner to earn a dramatic late, late point for the visitors.

BBC Sport NI coverage

Ballinamallard United: Brush, Kerr, Mailey, Smyth, McKenna, Kee, McLaughlin, Noble, Curran, McGinty, O'Flynn subs Clarke (not used), Burns (replaced McKenna 81), Armstrong (not used), McIlwaine (not used), Hutchinson (replaced McGinty 86)

Glentoran: Morris, Garrett, Kane, Sterling, Addis, Kelly, Allen, McGuigan, Davidson, Knowles, K. Nelson subs Foley (not used), McNicholl (replaced Sterling 75), Smith (not used), Ferrin (not used), Redman (not used)

Referee: Evan Boyce

Attendance: 519