Conall Young (47)
Alan O'Sullivan (55)
Alan O'Sullivan (65p)
Lorcan Forde (90 3)


Oisin Smyth (30)
Michael Carvill (43)
Michael Carvill (72)


Lorcan Forde grabbed Warrenpoint Town's stoppage time winner (©INPHO/Stephen Hamilton)


Warrenpoint Town picked up their first points of the season following a stoppage time victory over Dungannon Swifts at Milltown.

Both sides had their chances during an open beginning to the game before, on the half-hour, Dungannon finally made the breakthrough courtesy of a tremendous strike from Oisin Smyth who, from 30 yards out, fired into the bottom corner to give Berraat Türker no chance.

And the Swifts doubled their advantage in the closing moments of the first half when Michael Carvill with a powerful finish on the edge of the area after Daniel Hughes had teed him up.

But Warrenpoint came storming out after the break, pulling a goal back on 47 minutes through Conall Young's curling 25-yard free-kick before, eight minutes later, levelling when Alan O'Sullivan buried the ball into the bottom corner after Emmet Bennett had flicked on Ciaran O'Connor's cross.

Then, on 65 minutes, O'Sullivan struck again this time from the spot after Bennett had been brought down by Alan Teggart.

Dungannon levelled seven minutes later, however, when Carvill bagged his second of the game following some poor home defending which allowed him to tuck the ball past Türker.

And that looked to be how it was going to stay until Lorcan Forde popped up in stoppage time to tap the ball home after fellow substitute Brandon Doyle had went on a run before delivering the telling cross.

Warrenpoint Town: Turker, Bennett, Smith, Reilly, O'Sullivan, Young, Prendergast, Watters, Scannell, O'Connor, Wallace subs Moran (not used), White (not used), Doyle (replaced Prendergast 83), Forde (replaced Bennett 86), Lynch (replaced Young 83), Donnelly (not used), Mullen (not used)

Dungannon Swifts: Johnston, Redman, King, Clucas, Hughes, Smyth, Teggart, Patton, Lowe, Carvill, Waide subs Addis (not used), Byers (not used), Taylor (not used), Gallagher (replaced Waide 80), Harwood (not used), Campbell (replaced Smyth 61), Coyle (not used)

Referee: Tim Marshall

Attendance: 86

Tags:  Carrick Rangers  H&W Welders