David Ogilby (45 1)


Steven Douglas (OG) (02)


Paul Heatley and Lyndon Kane battle for the ball (Picture: Stephen Hamilton/PressEye.com)


Coleraine recovered from falling behind to an early goal to claim a share of the points from Crusaders' visit to The Showgrounds.

Crusaders raced into the lead when, after just 70 seconds, a Gavin Whyte ball from the right took a deflection off the heel of defender Stephen Douglas and into his own net.

A short time later Paul Heatley might have made it 2-0 from a Jordan Owens knock down only to fire straight at 'keeper Chris Johns.

The Bannsiders came back into the game after a stuttering start with David Kee coming close from 25 yards while a later Ian Parkhill volley wasn't too far away.

But the Crues almost doubled their advantage after that when David Cushley saw a dangerous looking right-foot curling effort just go the wrong side of the upright.

Coleraine went in at the break on level terms when David Ogilby fired home a low free-kick from around 22 yards into the bottom left corner.

Crusaders looked to regain the advantage when Owens saw a header strike the top of the crossbar while a Jordan Forsythe volley took a deflection over.

Then, not long after that, Colin Coates thought he had scored with a header from a Forsythe set piece only for Johns to touch the ball onto an upright before it was cleared.

Coleraine still proved to be a threat, however, almost coming close in the final ten minutes when Darren McCauley unleashed a volley from outside the area which look destined for the top corner only for O'Neill to produce a superb one-handed save to turn it over.

Coleraine: Johns, Kane, Douglas, Ogilby, McCauley, Twigg, Brown, Kee, Lyons, Parkhill, McGonigle subs Mullan (not used), Higgins (not used), McCafferty (replaced McGonigle 56), McLaughlin (replaced Twigg 67), Morrow (not used)

Crusaders: O'Neill, Burns, Beverland, Coates, Cushley, Caddell, Forsythe, McClean, Owens, Heatley, Whyte subs Gault (not used), Lowry (not used), Soares (replaced Caddell 74), Holden (not used), Clarke (replaced Cushley 46)

Referee: Raymond Hetherington

Attendance: 700

Tags:  Coleraine  Crusaders