Ryan Curran (34p)
Ryan Curran (45 1p)


Josh Carson (37)
Darren McCauley (39)
Eoin Bradley (46)
Eoin Bradley (77)
Aaron Burns (86)


Eoin Bradley bagged a double in Coleraine's win (©INPHO/Lorcan Doherty)


Coleraine moved to within a couple of points of league leaders Crusaders with a 5-2 defeat of Ballinamallard United at Ferney Park.

The woodwork denied both sides during the opening exchanges with Josh Carson sending a dipping effort against the crossbar while, at the other end, Stephen O'Flynn hit an upright.

The deadlock was broken, however, on 34 minutes when Ryan Curran converted from the spot after Jonathan Leddy was adjudged to have been brought down inside the area by Carson.

Coleraine almost got back on level terms straightaway only for the post to thwart Jamie McGonigle ... but Carson redeemed himself just three minutes after the spot-kick when he got his header to a Darren McCauley cross to direct the equaliser past Josh Brownlee.

And McCauley then edged the Bannsiders in front a couple of minutes later with a low effort into the net.

However, the Mallards hit back on the stroke of half-time with Curran's second penalty of the game, awarded after Stephen O'Donnell had brought down O'Flynn.

But it only took the Bannsiders a few moments into the second half to regain the advantage when Eoin Bradley nodded home from McCauley's cross.

And Bradley more or less secured the points on 77 minutes with a superbly executed free-kick before, with four minutes to go, Aaron Burns marked his debut with a calm finish into the corner of the net to complete the scoring.

Ballinamallard United: Brownlee, Kerr, O'Reilly, Mailey, McLaughlin, Hutchinson, Leddy, McKenna, Curran, Noble, O'Flynn subs Clarke (replaced McKenna 84), Smyth (not used), McCartney (not used), McGinty (replaced Hutchinson 84), McIlwaine (replaced O'Flynn 86)

Coleraine: Johns, Kane, Harkin, McCauley, Smith, Bradley, Carson, McConaghie, O'Donnell, Traynor, McGonigle subs Mullan (not used), Douglas (not used), Burns (replaced Bradley 81), Lyons (replaced Smith 75), Parkhill (replaced Carson 75)

Referee: Lee Tavinder

Attendance: 523