Shea Campbell posed a constant threat for Armagh City (Picture: Philip Magowan/


Annagh United finally surrendered their 100% start to the campaign with this scoreless draw away to Armagh City.

Conditions were good as the sides kicked off and City were quickest out of the blocks and within minutes Stefan McKenna was unlucky with a shot which clipped the bar and skimmed over.

Shea Campbell offered up a couple of crosses which just evaded McKenna while Daniel Courtney found himself in the penalty area but delayed his shot.

Annagh had a good share of the play, too, but the home defence did well to deal with the threat.

Shea Campbell might have opened the scoring after half-an-hour when he spotted the Annagh keeper off his line but his speculative long range effort fell just wide.

Shortly after this Annagh were awarded a free-kick some 30 yards out but Craig Taylor's blistering delivery, which looked destined for the bottom left corner, was well turned away by City keeper Daniel Devine.

Annagh upped the tempo at the beginning of the second half but the home defence held firm yielding no ground although in one attack Devine had to be quick off his line to smother the ball when it was played through.

On the hour mark Shea Campbell was unlucky when he received the ball with his back to goal turned and hit a fierce drive from fully 30 yards which went just over the bar with Annagh's custodian beaten all ends up.

Annagh the went all out to get a winner and the City goal came under siege in one attack when the ball bounced around like a pinball with Conor Kerr heading the ball off the line but after an almighty scramble the ball was cleared upfield.

Armagh City: Devine, L. Campbell, Mallon, Kerr, Judge, Ferreita, S. McKenna, Duffy, S. Campbell, Wilson, Courtney subs Balnanosis (replaced S. McKenna 78), Huston (not used), Pedlow (not used), Verenka (replaced Ferreita 82), Monteiro (not used)

Annagh United: McPartland, McConville, Stewart, Campbell, Lyttle, Holmes, Eagle, Uprichard, Taylor, McCordick, Gault subs McDonald (replaced Uprichard 60), Woods (not used), Cusack (replaced McCordick 88), Murphy (not used)

Referee: Peter Murray

Tags:  Annagh United  Armagh City