Andrew Wilson (02)
Neil Kerr (13)
Ryan Corrigan (54)



Mark Cooling (06)
Ryan Arthur (23)
Gerard McMullan (53)
Mark Cooling (60p)
Mark Cooling (62)
Ben Arthurs (69)


Mark Cooling bagged a hat-trick for Bangor (Picture: Stephen Hamilton/


Mark Cooling claimed a hat-trick as Bangor defeated Armagh City in a high scoring clash at Holm Park.

Armagh moved in front as early as the second minute when Andrew Wilson knocked home the loose ball from a corner but Bangor responded not long after with Cooling's first of the afternoon with a well taken free-kick from around 20 yards.

The Eagles restored their lead on 13 minutes with a superb 25-yard half volley after a corner was only partially cleared.

Bangor levelled for the second time ten minutes after that through Ryan Arthur who finished into an empty net after City keeper Daniel Devine misjudged a free-kick.

There was a lull in the scoring until two goals in as many minutes early in the second half. On 53 minutes Gerard McMullan edged Bangor in front for the first time before Ryan Corrigan responded for Armagh when the ball fell for him from a clearance.

Then, on the hour, Cooling restored Bangor's lead from the spot after Caio Ferreita had upended Jordan Lucas before grabbing his hat-trick goal just a couple of minutes after that with a thunderous strike into the top corner from 20 yards.

Ben Arthurs knocked home Bangor's sixth to put the issue beyond doubt on 69 minutes when he showed his strength to beat Devine.

Armagh City: Devine, L. Campbell, Geraghty, Judge, Ferreita, Wilson, Kerr, Mullen, McAnallen, Mallon, Copes subs Grimley (replaced Judge 73), Corrigan (replaced Copes 46), Henderson (not used), Brlenic (replaced Ferreita 60), S. Campbell (not used)

Bangor: Craughwell, Fletcher, Beattie, Arthur, Wray, Atkinson, Johnston, Cooling, Arthurs, Lucas, McMullan subs Dickson (not used), Begley (replaced Atkinson 66), Boylan (not used), Halliday (replaced Arthurs 73), Ballantine (replaced Lucas 70)

Referee: Mark Dillon

Tags:  Armagh City