Niall Henderson (18p)
Ruairi McDonald (46)
Craig Taylor (56)
Ruairi McDonald (59)



Annagh United moved to the top of the Bluefin Sport Premier Intermediate League with a four-goal defeat of bottom of the table Sport & Leisure Swifts at their Tandragee Road ground.

Annagh got off to a flying start, creating three clear cut chances within the first 10 minutes but failing to convert on each occasion.

Following that Sport & Leisure could have taken the lead when powerful striker Joel Thompson shrugged off his man and curled the ball past Annagh keeper Shane McPartlan only to see it hit the up right and go wide.

Annagh were awarded a penalty on 18 minutes after Ben Eagle’s run past two defenders resulted in a third bringing him down in the area. Skipper for the day, Niall Henderson, made no mistake from the spot to put Annagh one-up, a scoreline that remained unchanged at the break with very little more action to report.

The second half started like the first with Annagh on top, but this time they converted at the first opportunity through Ruairi McDonald on 46 minutes.

Firing on all cylinders by this stage, Craig Taylor added a third on 56 minutes with step inside from the left wing before hitting a wonder strike with his right foot from 25 yards into the top corner.

Annagh didn't let up and found the net again two minutes later with McDonald's second of the afternoon, a chipped effort over the keeper.

Annagh United: McPartlan, McConville, Stewart, Lyttle, Eagle, Henderson, Taylor, McDonald, Kerr, Mitchell, McIlmurray subs Gordon (not used), Holmes (replaced Henderson 79), Uprichard (replaced McIlmurray 64), McCordick (replaced Mitchell 64), Cusack (not used)

Sport & Leisure Swifts: C. Carroll, T. Larkin, McDonnell, H. Dyer, McMullan, Johnston, P. Tully, Shannon, Thompson, Gallagher, K. Lynch subs McGrogan (replaced McDonnell 8), P. McKissock (replaced McGrogan 46), C. McKissock (replaced Shannon 76), Alibar (not used)

Referee: Stephen Anderson

Tags:  Annagh United  S&L Swifts