Caolan Loughran (64)
Michael Smith (74)
Caolan Loughran (80)


Carl McComb (35)
Tiarnan McNicholl (58)


Caolan Loughran bagged Carrick's winner (Picture:


Carrick Rangers came from two goals down to defeat Dundela at the Loughshore Hotel Arena and move clear into second spot in the table.

The win opens up a four point gap on nearest challengers Portadown following their reversal to Ballinamallard United and delayed Larne's title celebrations for another couple of weeks.

Carrick enjoyed a couple of opportunities during the first half-an-hour with Stewart Nixon testing Jonathan Sergeant and then teeing Reace Neale up to send a left-foot effort wide.

Carl McComb opened the scoring for Dundela on 35 mnutes after getting on the end of a loose ball inside the area to beat Aaron Hogg.

Hogg then denied Owain Beggs as the Duns looked to extend their advantage just before the break, although Lloyd Anderson might have levelled for Carrick after that only to head a Neale free-kick over.

Dundela started the second half brightly, coming close on 53 minutes when Hogg tipped another McComb effort around the post before, just before the hour, Tiarnan McNicholl made it 2-0 when he got the better of Hogg one-on-one.

The home revival sparked into life on 64 minutes with the first of Caolan Loughran's two goals of the afternoon, a long range strike past Sergeant.

Then, ten minutes after that, Michael Smith raced through to face down the Duns keeper and calmly slot home the equaliser.

And the winner came with around ten minutes remaining when Loughran doubled his tally from the spot after Nixon had been fouled in the area.

Carrick Rangers: Hogg, Chapman, Neale, Surgenor, Houston, Loughran, McMillen, Anderson, McNeill, Nixon, M. Smith subs Strain (replaced McNeill 63), Coyle (replaced McMillen 58), McCauley (not used), Rodgers (not used), McDermott (replaced Houston 58)

Dundela: Sergeant, Sterling, Hanley, Nimick, Brown, Morrison, McMaster, Beggs, McComb, McNicholl, Burns subs Bingham (replaced McMaster 80), Devine (not used), King (replaced Sterling 75), Parker (not used), Browne (not used)

Referee: Shane Andrews

Tags:  Carrick Rangers  Dundela