Kate Flood (35)
Megan Weatherall (48)
Aoife Lennon (56)
Aimee Mackin (59)



Mid-Ulster Ladies fell to a four-goal home defeat to Newry City Ladies in their final game of the Danske Bank Women's Premiership.

Newry were fresh from their exploits in Europe and also hoping to finish their campaign on a high.

City kicked off and early exchanges were pretty even with Blaithin Mackin seeing an early shot sail over the bar. With 11 minutes played Aimee Mackin for Newry went close before Mid Ulster enjoyed a spell of pressure.

Lyn Somerville saw a shot well saved while Rachael Rodgers then went close with a delightful ball across the box before Lisa Richardson's free kick was held by Una Pearson in goals for Newry.

With 26 minutes on the clock Somerville again found herself in a shooting position courtesy of some great play from Rebecca Bassett. The strike was once again off target and the Newry goal survived.

Newry countered from this and a clumsy tackle on Aimee Mackin in the box brought a big penalty shout from the visitors.  The referee was having none of it and waved play on.

With 36 minutes played Newry broke the deadlock as Katie Flood scored from a free kick from 35 yards out. Her powerful shot moved in the air away from the reach of Alice Smith in the Mid Ulster goal. Moments later Newry had the chance to double their lead but Smith made a fine stop to bring the teams into the break with Newry a goal to the good.

Newry made the perfect start to the second half with Megan Wetherall on the score sheet with 48 minutes on the clock, turning in a fine cross from the left.

Mid Ulster tried to respond immediately but Rodgers' effort flashed across the face of goal and out for a throw.

A Mid Ulster free kick 25 yards out raised the hopes of the home support but Chloe McCarron's effort was well blocked by the Newry wall.

More pressure from Newry and captain Aoife Lennon put the game beyond doubt finishing smartly just inside the box.

Newry continued to press with the woodwork saving Mid Ulster on one occasion. With 59 minutes played Aimee Mackin got on the score sheet making it 4-0.

At this stage Newry had all the momentum and Claire Rooney made an important covering tackle to prevent Aimee Mackin extending the lead.

Mid Ulster pushed for a consolation goal with Samantha Kelly shooting wide, closely followed by a Chloe Mc Carron effort also going wide. The game finished with Mid Ulster keeper Smith making two fine stops to keep the scoreline at 4-0 for the visitors.

Mid-Ulster Ladies: Smith, McFarland, Rooney, Donnell, Richardson, Rodgers, Kelly, McCarron, Somerville, Turkington, Bassett subs Murphy (replaced Somerville 56), Magee (replaced Kelly 77), O'Neill (replaced Donnell 87)

Newry City Ladies: Pearson, McCann, Flood, Mulvenna, McAlister, Murray, B. Mackin, Redpath, A. Lennon, Weatherall, A. Mackin subs E. McMaster (not used), Domican (replaced Redpath 63), Jones (replaced McCann 63), Clarke (replaced Weatherall 56), Doyle (not used)

Referee: Declan Campbell