John Cochrane (OG) (49)
Ryan Campbell (75)
Ryan Campbell (81)


Rian Devlin (03)
Stephen Hutchinson (17)
Ciaran Ryan (39)
Jordan Gibson (80)


Lurgan Celtic boss Colin Malone saw his players hold on to secure victory (Picture: William Cherry/


Dergview showed grit and determination in a pulsating second half at Darragh Park but three first half goals from Lurgan Celtic left Richard Clarke's side with just too much to do in the end.

The Hoops moved in front as early as the third minute. Dergview 'keeper Kealan Mulcahy's clearance was intercepted by Josh Barton who then delivered the ball for Rian Devlin to head home from five yards.

Celtic's second came with just over a quarter-of-an-hour on the clock after Stephen Hutchinson steered his direct header past Mulcahy after the neat delivery from a free from Dale Malone.

Ciaran Ryan added a third on 39 minutes after Devlin and Malone tested Mulcahy before the loose ball was drilled home.

Dergview were thrown a lifeline four minutes after the break when Celtic's John Cochrane unfortunately turned the ball into his own net whilst attempting to clear a strong cross from Duwayne McManus.

The arrears were further reduced with a quarter-of-an-hour to go through Ryan Campbell with a powerful finish into the top right corner after McManus had rolled the ball into his path.

But, moments after that, Mulcahy made a stunning fingertip save from Ciaran Ryan but couldn't prevent a fourth goal from the boot of Jordan Gibson.

Yet, once more, the home side responded when Ivan  Sproule delivered the perfect cross for Campbell to strike again with a well directed header over 'keeper Conor McCorry and the blue touch paper was lit with eight minutes of normal time remaining.

The hosts threw everything at Celtic and they should have been on level terms when Campbell and McManus efforts produced a fine double save from McCorry before Richard Lecky's powerful header grazed the post.

Seven minutes of added time produced further chance but Dergview could not find the equaliser with Celtic boss Colin Malone a relieved man at the final whistle.

Dergview: Mulcahy, G. Porter, S. Porter, Robinson, Falconer, Lynch, McManus, Cashel, Ballard, I. Sproule, Campbell subs M. Buchanan (replaced S. Porter 46), Edgar (not used), Curran (not used), Lecky (replaced Falconer 35), Burns (replaced Lynch 35)

Lurgan Celtic: McCorry, McVeigh, Hutchinson, Rogers, Cochrane, Gibson, Barton, C. Ryan, R. Devlin, Wright, Malone subs D. Ryan (not used), McAnallen (not used), C. Lavery (not used)

Referee: Garvin Taggart

Tags:  Dergview  Lurgan Celtic